Here’s a great way to conjure up a flavour packed lunch or dinner which will look like you have spent hours on it! The trick is using the @Tilda Basmati Rice with Aromatic spices which is seasoned with panch phoran spices, coriander and it will save you oodles of time. You can make this vegan meal in advance, so all you have to do is heat everything before you serve
So here’s how you can make it!
Stuffed Peppers with @Tilda Aromatic Spices Rice and Thai Mushroom Sauce.
Serves 2 – 3 people
What you need:
- x3 Medium sized Bell peppers / Capsicum – cut in half (3 different colour peppers will make your presentation so colourful!)
- @Tilda Aromatic Spices Rice – 1 packet
- Chesnut mushroom – 1 cup finely chopped
- Dried mushrooms – rehydrated with hot water and chopped finely – 1/2 cup
- Coconut Milk – 2 cups (or maybe slightly more depending on how you like your sauce)
- Ginger – 3 inch piece
- Garlic – 1 clove
- Green Chilli – 1 – finely chopped
- Oil – 2 tablespoons (any flavourless oil is fine)
- @HolyLama Spicedrops Lemongrass – 1 drop (optional)
To Garnish: Finely chopped coriander leaves & spring onions (scallions)
How you make it:
1.Set your oven to 200 deg C and put the pepper halves (open side down) on a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil. Bake these for about 20 mins or until softened.
2.While the Peppers are in the oven you can make the Thai Mushroom sauce. Grind the ginger, Garlic and chilli into a paste. In a saucepan heat some oil and then add both types of mushrooms and then the Ginger, Garlic, Chilli paste. Mix well and add some salt to taste.
Do make sure you cut the mushrooms as finely as you can as otherwise you will end up with big lumps in your sauce.
3.After the mushrooms have cooked down, add the coconut milk and simmer for about 5 mins. Check for seasoning and then take the pan off the flame. Add the Lemongrass @HolyLama spice drop (if using) and then mix well. Garnish with the chopped coriander leaves.
The @HolyLama spice drops definitely add the authentic Thai flavour needed for the sauce so do try and get a hold of it. They last for ages!
4.Make your @Tilda Aromatic Spices Rice according to the instructions on the packet and then stuff the softened Peppers so that they are filled in well and then garnish with spring onions.
You can serve with the Thai Mushroom sauce on the side or drizzled over the stuffed Peppers.